Two glitched out BarbieKaraokeMachines…one unit.
The BarbieKaraoke has several inputs and outputs that are hardwired in it’s original form.
-Mic input which is really an amplified input to the echo
-Tape amp in
-Tape amp out
-Master amp in
-Master amp out
The BarbieKaraokeMachine has two circuit boards. One is the main sound board, the other is a sort of mixing board where all of the signals are mixed together and controls like volume and pan are mounted.
At the bottom of the main sound board is a row of points that connect to a ribbon cable. This row of points is where all of the sounds leave and enter the board (except for the mic/echo input which is at the top left of the board & the tape amp input which is at the bottom left).
By disconnecting the ribbon cable and connecting jacks to these points (including the echo and tape in) you can create a audio patchbay.
Below is a schematic that identifies each point.
There are more schematics on the BarbieBending page.
I rewired the boards so that the inputs and outputs could be accessed via 1/8″ jacks and I added volume adjustments to each input. I didn’t use the tape deck ins and outs but may in a future model.
Then I added two sets of pitch and decay adjustments and four rows of echo glitch adjustments. Each glitch has an ON/OFF switch, an adjustment knob and two banana jack patch points. This allows for modular patching and crossbending but was really designed so it could be used with my mechanical sequencer
The units can be used independently or can be patched into eachother for maximum insanity.